Problem Installing SharePoint Designer 2007 - SOLVED!

In a recent post I mentioned having a problem getting the product key for SharePoint Designer 2007 to work. Welllll, I did some extensive research, ok, well not extensive but research nonetheless, and found this post on the MSDN forums.  A couple people had encountered the exact same problem and the solution was kind of strange. The solution is to re-download the .iso image to make sure you have the latest. Ok, makes sense. The strangeness comes in when you look at the date posted for the en_office_sharepoint_designer_2007_X12-21946.iso CD Image file, its 2006-11-21 22:13:14 (UTC).  I KNOW I originally downloaded that file a few weeks ago and ran into problems.

I re-downloaded it this morning, burned it to a new CD, and away I went into the install. I entered THE EXACT same product key I had used on prior attempts and BINGO, validated just fine. The install proceeded without a problem and when I ran SharePoint Designer 2007 for the first time it activated just fine. Strange, very strange.

In any case, now I can download and apply the Outlook 2007 patch I tried to install yesterday. I'll let you know how that goes and the impact I see on my machine.

posted on Tuesday, May 1, 2007 8:48 AM Print
Comments are closed.
Comments have been closed on this topic.