D'Arcy from Winnipeg
Solution Architecture, Business & Entrepreneurship, Microsoft, and Adoption

Testing File Upload with Live Writer

Wednesday, April 18, 2007 2:51 AM

Very kewl (not just my artwork and mad skillz with Paint.NET)! Live Writer now lets you specify an FTP location to upload pictures! Now you don't have to manually upload images to one spot and mess around with remembering what the file was called and where you put it...awesome feature!

D

Feedback

# re: Testing File Upload with Live Writer

Even cooler...You can just upload them to your weblog with SubText :D 4/18/2007 3:19 AM | Jeff Julian

# re: Testing File Upload with Live Writer

Really?! Wait a sec...isn't that going to put a strain on the GWB servers if we start loading up crazy amounts of images?

D 4/18/2007 3:39 AM | D'Arcy from Winnipeg

# re: Testing File Upload with Live Writer

Strain on two dual dualcore Xeons at 3.0ghz each with 4GB of ram? :D 4/18/2007 3:43 AM | Jeff Julian

# re: Testing File Upload with Live Writer

The biggest strain is on me finding a good solution for syncing files between servers 4/18/2007 3:44 AM | Jeff Julian

# re: Testing File Upload with Live Writer

Heh...sorry, didn't mean processor strain...more hard-drive space strain.

D 4/18/2007 3:45 AM | D'Arcy from Winnipeg

# re: Testing File Upload with Live Writer

Is there no CAPTCHA anymore with subtext? 4/18/2007 3:46 AM | D'Arcy from Winnipeg

# re: Testing File Upload with Live Writer

Yeah, but it is intellegent and since we are logged in as members, it auto trusts. But you can turn off captcha via admin 4/18/2007 3:52 AM | Jeff Julian

# re: Testing File Upload with Live Writer

What's up with this skin, don't you know if you are going to use table-less layouts then your site will look like a$$ in any version of IE? Nothing aligns properly 4/18/2007 5:28 AM | William

# re: Testing File Upload with Live Writer

What you talkin' bout Willis?

HA HA, I just realized that your name is Will so that saying actually fits!

Anyway, I only see the issue for my gamertag, and I think that's more an issue with this skin and not table-less layouts...so back off on my hot-looking chick magnet site!
:P

D

PS: Y'know, all the cool kids are putting in resumes at Imaginets ;) 4/18/2007 5:30 AM | D'Arcy from Winnipeg

# re: Testing File Upload with Live Writer

Will - I happen to use non-table based layouts on my blog and it seems to be working just fine.

Conclusion: YOU ARE LAME 4/21/2007 9:40 PM | Justice~!